Tuesday, March 18, 2008
9
The diction in the play was remarkable to hear. A point made in class was the similarities between the monologues and current occurrences in our society. A few hot topics mentioned were things like rape, divorce, greed and racism. I could easily relate this play to my one life and that is what I thought another big point of the play was for. It gave the audience a standpoint from a different period in time in comparison to now. Many of the same issues we deal with are still going on and this allows the audience to reflect on progress made or lack there of. What stuck out to me the most was the controversy of divorce. Back then the women had to deal wit men that could have been abusive or cheating, but now we do not have to put up with that. This is a reflection of the progress women have made, because by taking a stance in the workforce and making the strive for equality between men and women has given us a “voice”. This shows that the tolerance for men’s inadequateness must now meet the standards of women and not the other was around. I had once looked at divorce as a bad thing but now I see it in a feministic view and I am proud to see women that won’t put up with men’s shit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A
Post a Comment