Tuesday, March 18, 2008

8

This year I really enjoyed the play. I did not participate in the spring play as an actor but it was fun to see. I personally had never seen a play quite like this. The actors faced one of the hardest challenges of monologues. The monologues were interesting because I was able to see how it coincided with the spectacle. The back drop was very simple and modest. The costumes were not very elaborate and almost everyone was wearing the same thing with different accents in or to distinct which character was which. The spectacle was moderate in order to create a focus between the diction and the audience. I could recognize this scheme only because of foundations in theatre. But I loved the simplicity of it because for me I had to mentally engage in order to participate. Sometimes the spectacle takes too much attention from the audience instead of the diction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A tsw