Tuesday, May 6, 2008
16
In health class we were discussing the topic of what it is to be a good public speaker and how it relies on an active audience. If the audience is shifting and sleeping or talking, the speaker becomes disengaged also. Hillary Clinton was on TV the other day, sitting and listening to Barrack Obama for about 45 minutes before it was her turn to read her speech. She sat, perfectly aligned and did not fidget or move throughout his speech. Seeing this, I could better understand what Wilson preaches to us about in the morning. When we talk and shift and act as a terrible audience during morning meeting or when we have public speakers, we make the speaker’s job more difficult. This happened during the Vitamin D presentation by Dr Donald Trump. The audience was disengaged and he became disengaged also. I think I will try to sit more aligned during morning meeting and during presentation, because like theatre I can send the message to my surrounding audience members and start the trend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A
go thoughts
Post a Comment